What?!? Another journal cover? Perhaps it is an annual affliction, because I do believe the first series began about this time last year. Alas.
The Poppy cover allowed me to test some applique techniques for Handstitched Class. There are oh-so-many ways to applique and then even more options for hand sewing the prepared shapes. I believe I have everything sorted out now for the actual Handstitched project (which will be a pillow), except that I'm not sure I like the look of the white blanket stitching around the white edge of the flower. Maybe a blind stitch or running stitch instead?
I used a few large Loulouthi (Summer Totem in Tart and also here) scraps in the making. This riot of bright colors feels so very "now". Extra little scraps filled in the blanks to finish her off.
I just can't get enough of Anna Maria Horner's big, bold blossoms.
Let's see... I also might mention that I'm a finalist in Jennifer's Summer Sewing Contest. Should you care to vote, you'll find it's a tough cookie. Lot's of gorgeous things! I entered Liam's sleeping bag into the home decor category - what a laugh! But, Jennifer and I figured that was a reasonable place for it, since there wasn't a category for "immensely useful things". Congrats to all the finalists, whom I've seen popping by here. And thanks to those who've visited!