But, let's focus on progress. Today I took a little bite out of my end-of-March list by puzzling through some improv blocks for the Love circle of do. Good Stitches.
I say puzzling because improv is often a visual puzzle. Which is a good thing in my world, to be clear. This month Natalie of Greenleaf Goods asked us to make improv chevrons a la this tutorial by Six White Horses. In the tutorial she's making larger blocks that our size for the bee. My chevrons definitely ended up oversized so far as scale goes.
|Source: www.jessicatierney.com/search/label/color board via Natalie on Pinterest|
I pulled scraps in colors chosen by Natalie: "turquoise, robin's egg blue, orange-yellows, and greys." I had to include the image above (taken from Natalie's instructions here) because it's just too delicious not to share. I jumped on that "orange-yellow" since I have so many golden yellow fabrics that straddle that line. It's a delightful shade.
And then following, the tutorial, I built out my center chevrons (um, too big),
which I finished up just minutes ago as these two 12.5" blocks. Fortunately for me, Natalie says she doesn't mind if we have 2 rather than 3 chevrons in our blocks. So, it's all good.
Thank goodness it's Friday! I desperately want to say that I'm going to get to log some major sewing time this weekend, but Alas I know that we must actually finish the garden makeover this weekend in preparation for Easter festivities we'll be hosting next week. Crazy town. So, my modest little goal is to make a lot of progress on Aria's dress instead of general quilting fabulousness.
Modest progress indeed when I'm staring down a taunting stack of new fabric. Sometimes reality is cruel.