What will you make? A herringbone quilt? Postage stamp masterpiece? Clever Japanese X & + blocks? strings? Triangles? Hmmmmm? Well, the sky's the limit - especially since you just may settle on something of your own creation. To participate, the only rules are
1. Your quilt is made mostly from scraps
2. You finish it by end of March, 2012 (so, um, you could have started it in 2005. just sayin...)
The Scrap Attack quilt along aims to inspire you to create from scraps whether in a scrappy, fabric explosion or with something more intentional in color and design. Each week, now through mid-March, I'll feature a tutorial and/or interview with an inspiring quilt blogger, culminating in a Festival of Scrappiness the last week of March. The festival will be a link party for anyone who completes a scrappy quilt top in 2012, with random door prizes from batting to fabric stacks to scraps donated by our inspiring bloggers. Yes, more scraps! Oy.
You know you want to! How else are you ever gonna get a handle on those scraps? They breed like rabbits, ya know. I mean, just look at all our scraps....
|for sources see my Scraps pin board|
So, will you be joining us? Feel free to grab a button:
And for those of you who are Flickr-friendly, come chat it up and share your photos at the Scrap Attack Flickr Group.
I'll be updating this page with links to all Scrap Attack quilt along posts! Here's a little preview...
1. Triangles with Rachel of Stitched in Color
2. Using bias-cut scraps with Completely Cauchy
3. Japanese X and + block with Badskirt Amy
4. Granny Square block with Jolene of Blue Elephant Stitches
5. January Link Party
6. Scrap Republic with Emily Cier
7. Herringbones with Rachel of Stitched in Color
8. Tiny Scraps with Ayumi of Pink Penguin
9. February Link Party & Prizes
10. Postage Stamps & Prizes
11. Pezz & Prizes
12. Granny & Prizes
13. Festival of Scrappiness