Entries have closed for the February edition of Blogger's Pillow Party. After much hemming and hawing, here are my 9 favorites. Drumroll please....
Starting at the top left, they are:
1. bright and airy in Central Park by The Petting Zoo.
2. "Petals" with words to live by from Suzanne Loves...
3. the Eiffel Tower by Stolen Moments
4. purple stitches in reverse applique by Maureen Cracknell Handmade
5. "Little Gems" in yoyos by Pickup Some Creativity
6. re-purposed ruffles by a Stitch & a Prayer
7. "Party Napkin" in solids by you know what i love?
8. a rainbow hexagon by Erica's Essential Suchness
9. scrapy-happy log cabin by Jacey Craft
The choosing certainly got harder this time, folks. There were two Valentine's pillows (here and here) that were pulling on my heartstrings (ha.ha.) and other close calls as well. In order to complete the near-impossible task of choosing just nine pillows, I kept asking myself, "which one would I want to take home with me?" I honestly don't factor sewing difficulty in at all - just my personal taste.
I'm so glad I don't have to choose one winner, like Rita must (insert evil chuckle). Rita of Red Pepper Quilts (a blog you simply must follow) is our February judge, and she may pick the winner from any of the pillows entered for February. The mastermind behind Rita's favorite pillow will win 16 Fat Quarters of Delilah from our friend Randi of Fresh Squeezed Fabrics. I know! Be watching Rita's blog to see the winner announced by the end of February.
Oh, no, I do have to choose one winner this time, don't I? Remember, Rita made a set of pillow covers (20" squares with invisible zipper closure) for me to give away as a participation prize. Oh. dear. So, I will have to think about that this weekend (between frantically finishing my mystery quilt).
If you know Rita, then you know it would be an honor to own anything she's so meticulously made.
Next month, Aneela Hoey, will be our judge. Start dreaming up some pillows, peeps! (hint: she loves embroidery). In the meantime, I'm curious again to know which was YOUR favorite pillow? You can see all the entries here.